Thursday, August 26, 2010

Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn, author of A People’s History of The United States, is a daring writer that for the first time decided to defend the people on the loosing side of events. I think writing the way he did was very bold but I admire the fact that he did it because it is a side of the story that I have never heard but deep down always wanted to know. Not only does he tell us about certain historical events and triumphs on the loosing party’s side but also he goes into such good detail and imagery and actually makes it plausible. Zinn has written by far one of the most exciting pieces of history I have come across and I am only 11 pages in. I can’t wait to unlock the other incidents well into the book and explore a new side of these historical stories.

1 comment:

  1. Some of these other stories might surprise you, but keep in mine that Zinn needs to be balance with other views of history.

    ReplyDelete